Dates & Rates
Summer 2022 Dates and Rates
Prices below include: All regular camp programming, off-camp excursions and other special programs, camp t-shirt, shuk (canteen), and security fees.
|Session||Grades||Dates||CBI Member||Synagogue Affiliated||Non-Affiliated|
|Bonim ||2nd - 3rd||1: June 7-13 |
2: June 13-20
3: June 20- July 3
4: July 6-18
5: July 18- 31
|Rishonim ||4th - 5th||1 Aleph: June 7-20|
1 Bet: June 20- July 3
2 Aleph: July 6-18
2 Bet: July 18- 31
|Rishonim ||4th - 5th||1st Session: June 7-July 3|
2nd Session: July 6-31
|Kadimah ||6th - 7th||1 Aleph: June 7- 20|
1 Bet: June 20- July 3
2 Aleph: July 6-18
2 Bet: July 18-31
|Kadimah ||6th - 7th||1st Session: June 7-July 3|
2nd Session: July 6-31
|Chavurah||8th - 9th||1 Aleph: June 7- 20|
1 Bet: June 20- July 3
|Chavurah ||8th - 9th||1st Session: June 7-July 3|
2nd Session: July 6-31
|LTP/Giborim ||10th||1st Session: June 7- July 3|
2nd Session: July 6-31
|Big Trip Israel||11th||TBD||TBD||TBD||TBD|
$75 per child off camp tuition for second (and subsequent) camper(s).
Early Bird Registration will run through October 15th, 2021.
If you register your child and pay in full by October 15th, 2021, you will receive a pay in full discount.
Camp Stein Scholarship Program
We are committed to ensuring that every Jewish child has the opportunity to attend Camp Daisy and Harry Stein. We understand that for many families, financial hardship is the only barrier to a summer of a lifetime. Here are more details about our program and how to apply:
- Camp Stein’s scholarship funds are generated almost exclusively by the generous gifts of members of Congregation Beth Israel. As in past summers, we are also committed to working in conjunction with non Beth Israel families and their home congregations and communities to make a summer camp experience possible for all families in need.
- A child must be enrolled in camp for the scholarship application to be processed and considered. Scholarship assistance is provided as a credit on camp fees only for the 2022/5782 summer and may not be applied for past fees owed or transferable to future years.
- The amount of scholarship awarded to each family will be based on the number of applicants and level of need.
- The Camp Stein Scholarship Application for Summer 2022 will open this Fall. For any questions or concerns, contact Jennifer Walker at (480) 951-0323 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Announcement of scholarship gift amounts will be sent in April 2022.
Big Trip Israel
- For our Phoenix-Area Big Trip Israel campers, please apply to the Grossman Teen Israel Experience Scholarship Fund for up to $1000 in scholarship towards the Big Trip https://jewishphoenix.regfox.com/harold-jean-grossman-teen-israel-experience-scholarship-fund
We will be offering all first-time campers attending camp for at least two-weeks a $360 discount off of camp, no need for a separate application! Our system will recognize you as a first-time applicant and the discount will be automatically applied when you enroll. For questions, concerns, or if you are in need of assistance—just call our office at 480-951-0323 or email our Assistant Director at email@example.com
Registration Terms and Conditions
I/we hereby agree that:
Section A – Form and Acceptance of Applications
1.Verbal applications cannot be accepted;
2.Each application must be completed in full and signed by a parent or guardian in the appropriate places;
3. Applications must be accompanied by a $500 deposit with a payment schedule and authorization completed representing the balance of the payments;
4. Applications are not complete registrations until accepted;
5. Applications will, in general terms, be accepted on a first come, first served basis. However, Camp Daisy and Harry Stein (after this called “Camp Stein”) reserves in its sole discretion, the right to depart from acceptance on a first come, first served basis in the best interests of Camp Stein;
6. A deposit of no less than $500.00 is required with each application;
Section B – Deposits, Fees and Refunds
8. The following will be the conditions associated with refundable amounts:
a)The deposit will be returned in full if the application is not accepted;
b) The full deposit of $500 will be non-refundable as of December 31st;
c) All families shall pay not less than fifty percent (50%) of registration fees by January 1st;
d) All fees must be paid in full by May 1st, and;
e) All fees are non-refundable as of April 16th.
f) If a camper’s enrollment is cancelled after January 1, 2022 and before March 2, 2022 a refund will be issued for 50% of the total balance paid. If a camper’s enrollment is cancelled between March 3, 2022 and April 15, 2022, a refund will be issues for 25% of the total balance paid. If an camper’s enrollment is cancelled after April 15, 2022 no refund will be given except in certain circumstances at the discretion of the Camp Director or Congregation Beth Israel Senior Staff.
9. Fee reductions will not be available for campers arriving late, leaving early, or missing part of the Camp Stein season;
10. Payment is the responsibility of the parent(s) signing the application, and Camp Stein will not deal separately with parents, regardless of marital status;
11. I/we are the custodial parents, and that my/our children may only be released to the parent(s) whose signature appears below unless authorized in writing in advance;
12. Any requests for refunds outside of this policy must be submitted in writing and will not be considered until not earlier than the month of September following the Camp Stein season;
13. I/we will make all payments required in accordance with the rate schedule in effect on the date of registration, and abide by the conditions of enrollment and the refund policy herein;
Section C – Medical Forms and Issues and Dietary Requirements
14. I/we agree that the required camper medical form and health history form is to be completed in full no later than April 15th, and that we will ensure that any medications, accompanies the camper to Camp Stein on or before opening day.
15. Camp Stein reserves the right to cancel any registration in the event Camp Stein is of the view, in its sole discretion, that information on the camper medical form is incomplete or inaccurate or missing information on the form discovered before or after the commencement of camp suggests that it is not in the best interests of the child or Camp Stein for the child to attend Camp Stein. In such case, a full refund will be provided;
16. I/we authorize Camp Stein or its delegates, to proceed with appropriate medical care for my child as required in the event I/we cannot be reached (nor the emergency contact person provided by you on the enclosed form) within a reasonable period of time, including transportation in Camp Stein or private vehicles driven by Camp Stein staff or volunteers. Even if I can be reached, I/we authorize the transportation of my child to required medical or other treatment in Camp Stein or private vehicles driven by Camp Stein staff or volunteers, as required;
17. I/we will pay for the costs of any necessary prescription drugs and/or special medical treatment;
18. I/we hereby agree that Camp Stein’s medical staff are authorized to share complete information on the medical status and health of my child with the senior staff of Camp Stein, my child’s unit head, and counselors;
19. If for any reason my/our child requires medical attention or special medication beyond that furnished by Camp Stein, I/we agree to be responsible for any expenses incurred.
20. No refunds will be offered for continuous medical absence in the event that the cause is a widespread infectious disease affecting significant numbers (as determined by Camp Stein, acting reasonably) of persons inside or outside of Camp Stein. This includes but not limited to the COVID-19 virus and all related variants. I/We acknowledge that no refund will be processed until the end of Camp Stein season;
21. I/we agree that I/we will abide, with respect to our child, by the vaccination policy published on our website. I/we further agree that should we not abide by that policy, our child may not attend camp.
Section D- Termination of Registration and Camper Participation
22. Camp Stein reserves the right to terminate the registration of any camper when it is deemed by the Camp Director to be in the best interests of the child or Camp Stein. In such an event, it is understood that an appropriate refund will be issued unless the camper is dismissed for infractions of Camp Stein’s policies in which case, no refund will be issued. Infractions of Camp Stein’s policies include but are not limited to smoking, drugs (including those permitted by law and misuse of over-the-counter or prescription drugs), alcohol, physical abuse, sexual harassment or activity, vandalism, bullying and any other inappropriate behavior as solely determined by Camp Stein’s Camp Director or Congregation Beth Israel Senior Staff. Misrepresentation or omittance of a camper’s mental/physical health and/or health history that would be pertinent to understanding the camper and results in dismissal from camp, no refund will be issued;
23. Campers are required to participate in all scheduled activities save and except for those from which there is a medical exception provided in writing by a qualified physician whom is not a parent. Campers that repeatedly refuse to, for whatever reason, will be returned to their family’s care. In this event, no refund can be given and any transportation expenses incurred will be applied to the family’s account;
24. Campers are not allowed to have cell phones at camp. If a camper brings a cell phone to camp, Camp Stein staff will ask the camper to turn the device in to the Camp Director. It will be returned on the last day of camp.
Section E – Special Provisions Related to the Covid-19 Pandemic
25. The following provisions apply, notwithstanding any provisions in these terms and conditions to the contrary, for the 2021 camp season:
a) I/we agree that Camp Stein may make changes to its policy regarding the required protocols use to combat the spread of Covid-19. In the event that I/we do not permit the use of same on our child, I/we agree that no refunds will be provided; and,
b) I/we acknowledge that in a case of a quarantine, no refunds will be provided: and
c) I/we acknowledge that performance by Camp Stein under these terms and conditions will be subject to laws, regulations and orders of the governments of Arizona.
Section F – General
26. I/we, on behalf of the himself/herself, any child(ren) attending Camp Stein and his/her/their respective heirs, executors, administrators, successors and assigns hereby forever waives, releases, discharges and indemnifies and holds harmless (including without limitation, for legal fees and any other defence costs) Camp Stein and its respective directors, officers, members, employees, medical staff, volunteers, officials, participants, agents, sponsors, and representatives (collectively and individually the “Releasees”) and from all claims, demands, damages, costs, expenses, actions and causes of action whether in law or in equity in respect of death, injury, loss or damage to person or property howsoever caused including, without limitation, claims arising from the performance or failure of the performance of any activities by the Releasees (and also including without limitation the negligence or omissions of the Releasees) arising out of or in any way connected to participation in the sporting, social or other activities at or outside Camp Stein during Camp Stein programming, and the use of the aforementioned facilities or in any other activity in or outside of Camp Stein during Camp Stein programming and by signing below agrees on behalf of the undersigned and the participant to abide by all rules, regulations, financial policies and procedures and standards of conduct;
27. I/we permit, and release and indemnify Camp Stein from any and all claims for losses of articles and damages arising as a result of: the searching of my camper’s belongings and/or mail for items sent or brought to Camp Stein that contravene Camp Stein policy, and the confiscation of and donation of these items;
28. I/we acknowledge that parents/Guardians are strongly discouraged from taking their child out of Camp Stein during a Camp Stein session. No camper will be permitted to leave Camp Stein without a written notice prior to 48 hours of requested departure;
29. I/we agree not to hold Camp Stein responsible for breakage or loss/theft of personal effects. I understand that a camper (and his /her parent) will be financially responsible for any damage he/she may have caused to Camp Stein property or any of its belongings;
30. I/we agree to be financially responsible for any acts of vandalism perpetrated by my/our child against the property of Camp Stein or any other person in camp;
31. The resolution of any and all disputes arising from my/our experiences with Camp Stein including but not limited to Camp Stein medical team, Camp Stein’s agents, delegates, volunteers, employees and Directors, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Arizona applicable therein;
32. The government of Arizona shall have exclusive and preferential jurisdiction to entertain any complaint, demand, claim, proceeding, or cause of action whatsoever arising from my experiences with Camp Stein including but not limited to treatment given to me by Camp Stein medical team, their agents, delegates, employees. I hereby agree that if I commence any such legal proceedings, that I will do so only in Arizona;
33. This Agreement and registration and any extension of such registration shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Arizona and the laws of the United States applicable therein, regardless of where acceptance of any extension may take place;
34. By accepting this agreement, I/we consent to Camp Stein’s collection and use of personal information about me and my family for the purposes of considering the within application and applying such information as may be necessary or appropriate in preparation for, and during Camp Stein season and thereafter, for correspondence purposes. I/we consent to my child being photographed, videotaped or interviewed and his/her name, image and interview used in Camp Stein publications, websites and media coverage of Camp Stein-related events. I/we agree that Camp Stein may keep such photographs, videos, images and information about us in its records for as long as it is needed for the purposes described above, even if I withdraw this application or my child(ren) do not attend Camp Stein. I/we further acknowledge and agree that if I refuse or withdraw this consent, my child(ren) may not be permitted to attend or remain in Camp Stein; and,
35. I/we hereby certify that all information given is true and agree to all the repercussions.