Big Trip 2020 Information!
THE BIG TRIP Israel is a four-week Israel experience led by our outstanding Camp Stein staff members and is available for entering 11th grade. You do not have to be a previous Camp Stein camper to go on this trip!
2020 Dates: June 1st- June 29th
Registration for the trip will open on September 1st, 2019.
We are very excited to be working with a new trip provider this summer- The Fuchsberg Center’s Youth Department! After extensive research Camp Stein has chosen the Fuchsberg Center’s Youth Department as our partner for the Big Trip. We know that they will offer our campers an amazing month of authentic Israeli experiences that will allow them to experience the country in a fun, unique, and meaningful way.
For over 60 years The Fuchsberg Center’s Youth Department has brought thousands of teenagers to Israel, connecting them with the Jewish homeland by experiencing Israel’s beauty and accomplishments alongside their peers. Taking part in a variety of adventurous outdoor activities and engaging in life affirming dialogs, while gaining a new appreciation, understanding, and love for Israel and the Jewish people.
Cost of the Trip*/+
CBI member price**: $7350; Synagogue Affiliated: $7450; Non-Affiliated: $7575
*Based on enrollment of 28-34 campers; Fees include land and air costs, three meals a day, laundry service, over-the-counter medication, health insurance, (does not include prescription medication)
+For our Phoenix-Area Big Trip Israel campers, please apply to the Grossman Teen Israel Experience Scholarship Fund for up to $1000 in scholarship towards the Big Trip https://jewishphoenix.regfox.com/harold-jean-grossman-teen-israel-experience-scholarship-fund
**CBI members may also receive additional discounts for completion of B’nai Mitzvah and/or Confirmation class
In the past Congregation Beth Israel was able to generously subsidize the Big Trip, keeping the costs relatively low for most campers. Unfortunately, due to the loss of a major donor, we are no longer able to do so. Big Trip families are welcome to apply to the Camp Stein Scholarship Fund. https://campstein.wufoo.com/forms/zgqcyqv0jxchih/
Please also consult with your local federation and/or your
home congregation to inquire about financial assistance.
The Jewish Community Association of Greater Phoenix sponsors the “Grossman Teen Israel Experience Scholarship” for teens from the Valley to attend educational programs in Israel. Contact Harriet Colan at HarrietC@vosjcc.org for more details or to the Grossman Scholarship Website, https://jewishphoenix.regfox.com/harold-jean-grossman-teen-israel-experience-scholarship-fund
Payment Deadlines and Cancellation Penalties
- Enrollment for the Big Trip will open September 1st, 2019.
- Upon registering for the trip, a non-refundable $500 deposit is due.
- The Harold and Jean Grossman Teen Israel Experience Scholarship Fund website opens on September 9th, 2019. After you register for the trip, please apply for the scholarship (if you qualify) as soon as possible.
- January 15th, 2020: 50% of total trip cost is due. This is non-refundable.
- Applications for the Big Trip will close on January 31st, 2020. If you register after January 15th, 50% of the trip cost is due upon registration.
- March 30th, 2020: Remaining Balance is due and is non-refundable. By this date, all campers must send Camp Stein a scanned copy of the signature page of their valid US passport by (with an expiration date no earlier than September 1st, 2020)